harsher this late April
when it shouldn’t be
had receded from a sidewalk I walked
Only in late afternoon
had the warmth managed to melt the snow
It was damp and gritty
than the inch of harsh and crusty snow
Then I came across it.
I don’t know from when.
Perhaps ran over on the near
road and dragged or tossed
But a stiff and flattened
bunny sat framed squarely
in the rectangle of the sidewalk
as if set in place
by some artist of proportion.
It lay on its side.
Fur clumped and grey rimed.
Head, paws, ears stretched out
with no flicker
greeting what passes for Spring
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- Newfie Euchre
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Cycle Touring on a Budget
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Samuel Strickland describing some of the Kawartha Lakes
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art Atheism bicycling Biology book Canadian Christmas climate change comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game graphic novel Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen long distance love Microsoft Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance philosophy Poem poetry Poetry Month quote recipe relationship review Robert J. Sawyer science science fiction short story silliness silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring TV water writing