It’s hard to encapsulate a book that is so large in scope and so enjoyable to read. Your intellect revolts at trying to peg it down by mere description and emotionally… well… I just didn’t want the thing to end. When I found, on his site, someone had actually been inspired enough to create music (http://nealstephenson.com/anathem/music….) for Anathem I was amazed but, now that I’m done, I understand.
What can I say that you can’t read elsewhere. I might warn you that Stephenson is a master world builder and so it takes effort to get out of this world and into his. But, by God, it’s worth the effort!
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- The Bird Can't Fly
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- Creating a SQL Server database by script
- SQL Server Performance and the IN clause
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption
- SQL Server Performance and temporary tables
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art backup bicycling Biology book Canadian cards Christmas comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game global warming graphic novel graphic novels Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen Kazu Kibuishi long distance love Microsoft Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance podcast Poem poetry Poetry Month quote rain recipe review Robert J. Sawyer science fiction short story silly snow Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring TV water writing