Sawyer bills his WWW trilogy as the story of an optimistic singularity event. Where an AI achieves awareness but doesn’t go bad. Of course, it’s never so simple in a story by Canada’s dean of science fiction. Webmind has ‘his’ (he seems a him to me) growing pains especially when the powers that be in China decide to sever him again with a firewall.
I think it’s appropriate that the first e-book I have ever purchased is excellent science fiction like this. The formatting on the kobo app on my iPad had many faults but this final book of this series was such a page turner I found myself not caring.
This book is well worth the price of admission.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Junior Rangers
- Something Greater than me
- Northwest of 1721's Kodiak
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- The Tale of the Bunny on Paul Avenue
- Sunday afternoon at Camp Restall
- SQL Server Performance and the IN clause
- Creating a SQL Server database by script
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art Atheism bicycling Biology book Canadian cards Christmas comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game global warming graphic novel Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen long distance love Microsoft Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance philosophy Poem poetry Poetry Month quote recipe relationship review Robert J. Sawyer science fiction short story silliness silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring TV water writing