I love animated films but haven’t been too excited by Disney’s offerings of late. The Princess and the Frog, however, was a pleasant surprise. The story was fresh, engaging and not too syrupy. The music was excellent and had me and (wonder of wonders) the boys clapping along at one point. I loved the Firefly Ray (beautifully voiced by Jim Cummings) with his courage and marvelous Cajun accent. I also enjoyed Mama Odie (voice by Jenifer Lewis) and her song “Dig a Little Deeper” and the villainous Dr. Facilier (voice by Keith David). I will likely buy this one.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Laurier in Chain e-mails on Immigration
- How long does it take to become a good writer?
- Junior Rangers
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Creating a SQL Server database by script
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Jane Austen's Mafia
- Old Growth Forest in Ontario
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art Atheism bicycling Biology book Canadian Christmas climate change comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game graphic novel Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen long distance love Microsoft Miss Celia Leblanc Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance philosophy Poem poetry Poetry Month quote recipe relationship review Robert J. Sawyer science science fiction short story silliness silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring water writing