Bill Willingham and Mark Buckingham collaborate (with the rest of the Fables comics illustrating team) in this 2007-2008 story of how Flycatcher, the Frog Prince, tries to redeem meaning into the murder of his family. You can buy or borrow the collection of 10 issues (60-69) bound together as The Good Prince (2008). The tale of the Frog Prince turning into the King of Haven is a wonderful story of sacrifice, redemption and love with beautiful illustrations and interesting twists.
For those who don’t have any experience with Fables,
it is a comic book series by Bill Willingham that brings many fables (like Snow White, the Big Bad Wolf, Hansel and Gretel, Little Boy Blue, the Frog Prince, etc) to life in our world and time in alternative and unexpected ways.
This particular book is a good second book to introduce you to Willingham’s world. I’d say the first ‘book’ would be the excellent 1001 Nights of Snowfall which introduces many of the main characters and the idea using Scheherazade’s story as a vehicle.
I enjoy all the Fables and recommend them highly if you enjoy good, adult graphic novels.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Laurier in Chain e-mails on Immigration
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- The Pelican Grief
- Singer Songwriter ready to work
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- About the Golber
- Search and Replace in SQL Server
- SQL Server Performance and the IN clause
Tag! You’re it!
- climate change
- environmental awareness
- graphic novel
- Guelph Festival of Moving Media
- Guelph International Film Festival
- Jane Austen
- long distance
- Old Growth Forest
- Robert J. Sawyer
- science fiction
- short story
- Space opera
- speculative fiction
- SQL Server
- SQL Server 2005
- Stephen King
- The Education of Mike Moonblazer