The F. Scott Fitzgerald short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has apparently little to do with the Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett movie of the same name. I’ve only seen the film (Eric Roth wrote the screenplay with help from Robin Swicord on the screen story) so I can’t say yet but it does look as though the only things preserved from the original Benjamin Button story were the name and the fact that Benjamin grows young. The Wikipedia article seems to indicate that he wasn’t as much of the saint Brad Pitt portrays.
Still, it’s an enjoyable film with good acting by Pitt and Cate Blanchett as Daisy. A historical fantasy much like Robert Zemeckis’ Forrest Gump.
My favourite acting is done by Taraji P. Henson as Queenie of the large heart and Jared Harris as the larger than life Captain Mike.
I really want to read Fitzgerald’s story now but will recommend the movie until then.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Laurier in Chain e-mails on Immigration
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Shallow Titillation
- Veni, Vidi, Deus Vicit on this day in 1683
- Lonely Road
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Writing all the Wrongs
- Drawing in Excel
- The incident of the cameo and the soapy dry ice
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
Tag! You’re it!
- climate change
- environmental awareness
- graphic novel
- Guelph Festival of Moving Media
- Guelph International Film Festival
- Jane Austen
- long distance
- Old Growth Forest
- Robert J. Sawyer
- science fiction
- short story
- Space opera
- speculative fiction
- SQL Server
- SQL Server 2005
- Stephen King
- The Education of Mike Moonblazer