I’m doing something cool next week. I had been toying with the idea of attending the Worldcon this year (that’s the 67th World Science Fiction Convention which is being held in Montreal Aug 6-10) and now I’m going.
Actually, I have been given a slot in a Writer’s workshop where two other aspirants with their work and me with my first 2 chapters of The Relater will be evaluated by “selling writers and industry professionals” for a small fee. I’m very much looking forward to that.
A lot of big names will be at the Worldcon including Neil Gaiman, Élisabeth Vonarburg, Tom Doherty, David Hartwell, Julie Czerneda and, certainly not least, Robert J. Sawyer.
To add to the excitement I’m pretty serious about trying to cycle most of the way to get there. I plan to take a GO bus and train to Oshawa and then bike the ~600 k along the lakeshore to la belle province.
Karen and whichever of my spawn can make it may come to meet me there on the Friday for 4 days.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- St-Viateur Bagel on rue st-viateur ouest, Montréal
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Laurier in Chain e-mails on Immigration
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Clicking it all away
- Writing my novel using Ubuntu
- Mac Heist
- An Acoustic Evening with Al Stewart with special guest Dave Nachmanoff
Tag! You’re it!
- climate change
- environmental awareness
- graphic novel
- Guelph Festival of Moving Media
- Guelph International Film Festival
- Jane Austen
- long distance
- Miss Celia Leblanc
- Old Growth Forest
- Robert J. Sawyer
- science fiction
- short story
- Space opera
- speculative fiction
- SQL Server
- SQL Server 2005
- Stephen King
- The Education of Mike Moonblazer