I visited Puerto Rico years ago on a business trip and asked a waiter at the hotel restaurant to give me some suggestions for some local specialties from the menu. He recommended plantain fries and black bean soup both of which I ordered. I enjoyed these so much I ordered them again the next day.
On my return back to Canada I tried to duplicate what I had discovered for my family. The plantain was difficult as we don’t want to get a deep fat fryer for health reasons but the black bean soup was amazingly easy. My favourite recipe book The New James Beard did have black bean soup but the ingredients would be hard to come by. No, I found the best recipe at the Kraft website here.
My kids, normally not big soup fans, love it so it must be good!
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Laurier in Chain e-mails on Immigration
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Shallow Titillation
- Veni, Vidi, Deus Vicit on this day in 1683
- Lonely Road
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Writing all the Wrongs
- Drawing in Excel
- The incident of the cameo and the soapy dry ice
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
Tag! You’re it!
- climate change
- environmental awareness
- graphic novel
- Guelph Festival of Moving Media
- Guelph International Film Festival
- Jane Austen
- long distance
- Old Growth Forest
- Robert J. Sawyer
- science fiction
- short story
- Space opera
- speculative fiction
- SQL Server
- SQL Server 2005
- Stephen King
- The Education of Mike Moonblazer