We watched this gem of a movie directed by Craig Gillespie last night after being on the waiting list at the library forever. But it was well worth the wait. I love films about small towns and this story by Nancy Oliver is one where someone with a mental illness is supported gently but firmly by his community. Ryan Gosling is superb as Lars Lindstrom and has a fantastic supporting cast especially Kelli Garner as Margo. The actors don’t overplay their roles and the story doesn’t sink to maudlin and cheap drama. It remains simply beautiful, wonderfully funny and desperately poignant in our over-complicated lives.
Very highly recommended.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Junior Rangers
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Laurier in Chain e-mails on Immigration
- Stephen R. Donaldson's Fatal Revenant and other stories
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- SQL Server Performance and the IN clause
- About the Golber
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art bicycling Biology book Canadian cards Christmas comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game global warming graphic novel graphic novels Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen Kazu Kibuishi long distance love Microsoft Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance podcast Poem poetry Poetry Month quote rain recipe review Robert J. Sawyer science fiction short story silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring TV water writing