I’ve only seen the Director’s Cut of Payback so I don’t have first-hand knowledge of the originally released version. I heard it was watered down from Brian Helgeland‘s original vision. Aside from Porter (the dog) I see few redeeming qualities in any of these sociopathic characters. They all seem lost and even the hero Porter (the human, played by Mel Gibson) has only his sheer tenacity (he wants to recoup his share of the money he stole) to make him of interest. But that’s all.
Not worth watching unless you need tips on starting a war.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Newfie Euchre
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Cycle Touring on a Budget
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Samuel Strickland describing some of the Kawartha Lakes
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art Atheism bicycling Biology book Canadian Christmas climate change comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game graphic novel Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen long distance love Microsoft Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance philosophy Poem poetry Poetry Month quote recipe relationship review Robert J. Sawyer science science fiction short story silliness silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring TV water writing