So this is how I spent the final minutes of 2007:
I poured out the Premium Canadian Champanade for the kids and Karen and had the glasses on the dining room table ready. It was served with home-made guacamole. Emily and Karen were lying on the couch covered in a blanket watching Pride and Prejudice (the latest one). We were all wondering if the final kiss would happen at the stroke of midnight or not. The anticipation was heavy but 2008 wasn’t ushered in hotly, the kiss was 8 minutes late. Badly done D’Arcy. Badly done!
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- When the big gust comes hard ask not why the bell tolls
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Bill Not the Logic Guy
- SQL Server Performance and the IN clause
- Something that holds memory
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- SQL Server Performance and temporary tables
- How long does it take to become a good writer?
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art Atheism bicycling Biology book Canadian Christmas climate change comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game graphic novel Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen long distance love Microsoft Miss Celia Leblanc Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance philosophy Poem poetry Poetry Month quote recipe relationship review Robert J. Sawyer science science fiction short story silliness silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring water writing