It took a while for Blood Diamond (2006) to get to me since I put it on hold at the library. The movie was in demand and having just seen it I can see why. It’s a heck of a good film with amazing acting by Leonardo DiCaprio, Djimon Hounsou and Jennifer Connelly. I think that both Hotel Rwanda (2004) and The Constant Gardener (2005) had better stories but all 3 movies are worth watching if you are interested in Africa. They are devastating yet breathtaking at the same time. Leonardo’s performance in Blood Diamond, his accent, his ability to move from terrorist to someone who seems to genuinely care… wow. TIA.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Junior Rangers
- How long does it take to become a good writer?
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Worst? Best? Canoe Trips
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- SQL Server Performance and temporary tables
- Creating a SQL Server database by script
- SQL Server Performance and the IN clause
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art Atheism bicycling Biology book Canadian Christmas climate change comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game graphic novel Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen long distance love Microsoft Miss Celia Leblanc Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance philosophy Poem poetry Poetry Month quote recipe relationship review Robert J. Sawyer science science fiction short story silliness silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring water writing