I borrowed The Danish Poet (2006, directed and written by Torill Kove) from the library simply because it was animated. I knew nothing about it. The kids were clamouring for something so I lifted the box out of the borrowed DVD pile hoping for something short. I look on the back and it says “15 minutes 1 second”. We all have a laugh at that 1 second and I put it on.
Wow! What a charming, funny and entertaining film. I see in IMDB that it was awarded an Oscar.
If wishes were horses
Golbing Time Dimension
- Using Excel to generate Inserts for SQL Server
- Georgian Manor, hard sells and pyramid schemes
- Data Obfuscation through Random String replacement in SQL Server
- Newfie Euchre
- SQL Server 2005 file sizes and filegrowth
- Cycle Touring on a Budget
- Deciding against Code Collapse in SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Samuel Strickland describing some of the Kawartha Lakes
Tag! You’re it!2008 age Apocalypse art Atheism bicycling Biology book Canadian Christmas climate change comedy conservation cycling database Disney documentary environment environmental awareness Excel fantasy film game graphic novel Guelph Guelph Festival of Moving Media Guelph International Film Festival haiku hiking history humour Jane Austen long distance love Microsoft Montreal movie music mystery native Nature Neil Gaiman novel Old Growth Forest Oshawa performance philosophy Poem poetry Poetry Month quote recipe relationship review Robert J. Sawyer science science fiction short story silliness silly snow society Space opera speculative fiction Spring SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2005 Stephen King story The Education of Mike Moonblazer touring TV water writing