This is my wife’s time-honoured recipe for Hummus dip. Delicious served with pita bread (fresh or toasted) or with vegetables.
Stuff you need:
- food processor or similar device (or a blender)
- 1 can (19oz/540mL) of chickpeas, drained
- 4Tbsp/50mL fresh lemon juice
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4Cup/50mL sesame tahini (usually in the foreign food section of your supermarket)
- 2Tbsp/25mL olive or canola oil
- 2Tbsp/25mL water
- 1Tbsp/15mL cumin
- 1Tsp/5mL salt
Chop the garlic fine in the processor.
Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, water, cumin and salt and process until smooth.
Taste and make changes as you see fit.
a little less than 2 cups.